Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Hello 2016!

Well January is here!  I can't believe it's 2016 and that it was 12 degrees, real feel -6 this morning.  We rang in the new year at the most gorgeous wedding, followed by an outrageous day at the Mummers parade!  It was the best New Year's celebration ever.


 





Apparently I made a few NY's resolutions for 2015, which I pretty much completely forgot about until now.  Let's see how I did:
  • Commit to clean eating and don't let indulgences here and there take me completely off track!
    • This was my number one goal of 2015 and I'm not sure how to evaluate myself.  I would say overall, I ate well throughout the year but there was definitely still other times when I just let myself eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted *cough* the past 2 weeks *cough*.  This is an ongoing goal that will really never be finished... let's call it a B-.
  • CrossFit 3 times per week, push towards 4
    • A-, overall I was pretty consistent with this goal +/- how my back was feeling.
  • Add some running back into my routine, some slow jogging or sprints, whatever moves me, with no pressure on adding distance
    • D, there was nothing routine about my running in 2015, but I did do a little bit.  I ran a 5K in March and another in November.  I also like to add small chunks of running into my dog walks.  I would still like to do more sprinting.
  • Commit to yoga, additional stretching and mobility work, and foam rolling to prevent injury and speed up recovery
    • C+, I could've done better, but I think finally taking the step to go see a physical therapist was one of the best things I did for myself in 2015.
  • Keep up with my visits to the chiropractor and go before I am in pain
    • B-, this goal is sort of tied to the last one.  I went to the chiropractor a lot throughout the year, but I sort of stopped going once I attended physical therapy.
  • Read one book per month
    • D-, I read a few books throughout the year, but no where near 12.  I knew this was a lofty goal when I made it.
  • Pay off at least half of my remaining school loans
    • C-, I did not put nearly as much money to my loans as I wanted to.  I did pay off a few of my loans, but this is definitely something I need to get more serious about in the new year.
  • Give the blog a make over!
    • F, whoops!
  • Post more frequently
    • B-, this evaluation definitely depends on what month you look at, but I posted 18 more times in 2015 than I did in 2014.
And now we're on to 2016... my goals are pretty much the same as last year to be honest.  I guess I do have a few new things in mind:
  • Keep my back pain-free by doing lots of push aways, strengthening my hips, and being smart at the gym
  • String together 5-10 pull ups
  • Organize and clean my basement and sell/donate/trash as much stuff as possible
  • Floss every day (ok realistically, how about 3x per week)
  • Create a budget and actually follow it
  • Finish my Italy recaps on the blog before our next big trip ;) 

Some other 2016 happenings:

100 miles in 100 days - I'm participating in a challenge my friend is hosting on FB.  The goal is to hit 100 miles within 100 days by walking, running, biking, rowing, or swimming.  You're required to workout at least 3 days per week and you can never miss a Monday.  I thought this was a great idea to keep me motivated to get out and do my mile with the dogs even when it's freezing out.  So far I'm at 12 miles in 5 days.

Another Whole30 - A bunch of my friends are all doing a January Whole30 and I'm have a serious case of fear of missing out.  I'm sad that I'm not riding the wave of motivation with them but I just couldn't commit to one right now.  I'm planning on starting my own either at the end of this month or in the beginning of February.  If you've ever considered doing one, start mentally preparing now...

How are you kicking off the new year?  Did you make any resolutions for 2016?


3 comments:

  1. Oh man, I have so many things I want to do this year. I tend to load up on resolutions so that the stuff I really want might stick around while the "nice ideas" can go on the backburner until next year. Ok, feeling better that I'm not the only one who didn't accomplish the blog makeover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering my profile picture is from almost 2 years ago and the banner includes my pup in doggie heaven... it's probably time.

      Delete
  2. I feel like you did really well with your 2015 resolutions! Leah mentioned doing a Whole30 in the spring so I figured that was you guys doing it together! I'm going to need one after this baby is born haha!

    ReplyDelete

Every comment makes me smile, so keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...